Inventory Unit Detail
2012 Honda NC700X
Your Ticket to Adventure.
Honda’s new NC700X is a real breath of fresh air in today’s world of specialized motorcycles, a new concept in streetbikes, and one that puts the FUN in Functional. During the week it’s an awesome commuter. On the weekend it lets you go exploring in the country, or carve up a twisty canyon road. Light, nimble, and with an engine that offers a generous helping of useable torque, it’s all wrapped up in a package that’s big enough for longer rides, but not a handful in tight traffic or in a parking lot.
Your Power Partner: The NC700X’s 670cc liquid-cooled parallel-twin engine produces tons of torque and enough power for easy two-up cruising.
Comfortable Seating Position: Comfortable over a wide range of speeds, the NC700X’s upright seating position gives you a great view in traffic and is a huge contributor to this bike’s overall capability. Sit on it in the showroom and you’ll instantly know it just plain makes sense.
Large Integrated Storage Compartment: In the real world, we need to carry more than just a cell phone and a credit card. That’s why the new NC700X offers a 21-liter utility compartment, big enough to hold most full-face helmets. Safe, secure, and convenient, you’ll use it every time you ride.
Make it Your Own: A wide array of accessories designed specifically for the NC700X are available to help you personalize your adventure and get what you want out of your new ride. Best of all, they feature the same quality and durability you’ve come to expect from Honda.
- 670cc Parallel-Twin Engine: With its cylinders tipped 62 degrees forward for better weight distribution, the NC700X's new engine is a big step forward in modern powerplant design. The two-cylinder format produces tons of low- and mid-range torque, and the 270-degree-phase crank and uniaxial primary balancer make it smooth, too.
- Diamond-Shape Steel Frame: Light, strong, and with just the right amount of stiffness, the NC700X's rigid and compact chassis is the foundation for precise handling.
- Electronic Fuel Injection: Carbureted engines can be fussy when it comes to feeding them fuel. Not the NC700X. Electronic Fuel Injection means easy startups on cold mornings and flawless running even at high elevations.
- Large Integrated Storage Compartment: The new NC700X offers a 21-liter utility compartment, big enough to hold most full-face helmets. Safe, secure, and convenient, you'll use it every time you ride.
- LCD Instrument Panel: Full digital LCD instrumentation includes digital speedometer, digital bar-type tachometer, clock, low-fuel gauge, and 2 tripometers. The meter is light, compact, and easy to read, too.
- Low-Profile Windscreen: The new NC700X offers just the right amount of bodywork, enough to offer good wind protection but not so much that the bike gets heavy or wide.
- 41mm Fork: With six inches of travel, the NC700X strikes a perfect balance between a long-distance and a short-hop street machine. This gives it a wide range of capability, good handling, and helps inspire confidence.
- Cast Aluminum 17-inch Wheels: The 17-inch wheels give you a wide choice of premium tires to choose from, and really help the NC700X offer responsive handling in turns. The cast wheels are light and strong too.
- Pro-Link HMAS Rear Suspension: Offering 5.9 inches of rear-wheel travel and teamed with a Honda Multi-Action System (HMAS) rear shock, the NC700X eats up the gnarliest pavement while giving you a smooth ride.
- Underseat 3.7 Gallon Fuel Tank: Underseat 3.7 gallon fuel tank centralizes mass and enhances overall handling. Locating the fuel filler underneath the passenger seat allows for innovative centralized storage.
- Disc Brakes: Single front- and rear disc brakes give the NC700X great stopping power.
- Engine Type: 670 cc liquid-cooled parallel-twin
- Bore And Stroke: 73 mm x 80 mm
- Induction: PGM-FI, 36 mm throttle body
- Ignition: Digital transistorized with electronic advance
- Compression Ratio: 10.7:1
- Valve Train: SOHC; four valves per cylinder
- Transmission: Six-speed
- Final Drive: Chain
- Front Suspension: 41 mm fork, 6.0 in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Pro-Link® single shock with spring-preload adjustability; 5.9 in. travel
- Front Brake: Single 320 mm disc with two-piston caliper
- Rear Brake: Single 240 mm disc with single-piston caliper
- Front Tire: 120/70ZR17 radial
- Rear Tire: 160/60ZR17 radial
- Rake: 27.0 degrees
- Trail: 110.0 mm (4.3 in.)
- Wheelbase: 60.6 in.
- Seat Height: 32.7 in.
- Curb Weight: 472 lb.. Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel—ready to ride
- Fuel Capacity: 3.7 gal.
- Model Id: NC700X
- Emissions: Meets current EPA standards. Models sold in California meet current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.
- Available Colors: Light Silver Metallic
- One Year: Transferable, Unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Engine Type
- Parallel-twin SOHC; four valves per cylinder
- 670 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 73 mm x 80 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- PGM-FI, 36 mm throttle body
- Digital transistorized with electronic advance
- Front Suspension
- 41 mm fork, 6.0 in. travel
- Rear Suspension
- Pro-Link® single shock with spring-preload adjustability; 5.9 in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Single 320 mm disc with two-piston caliper
- Rear Brakes
- Single 240 mm disc with single-piston caliper
- Front Tire
- 120/70ZR17 radial
- Rear Tire
- 160/60ZR17 radial
- 60.6 in.
- Seat Height
- 32.7 in.
- 27.0 deg.
- 110.0 mm (4.3 in.)
- Fuel Capacity
- 3.7 gal.
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 472 lb.
- Final Drive
- Standard: Digital
- Standard: Digital
- Light Silver Metallic
- One Year Transferable, Unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.