Inventory Unit Detail
2013 Ducati Multistrada 1200 S Pikes Peak
Touring meets passion: The new Multistrada 1200 transforms every road into an unending thrill-fest. Skyhook suspension, which ensures the best set-up every inch of the way, and the stunningly smooth Testastretta 11° DS engine merge with unmistakable Ducati appeal to provide the ride of your life. And for those eager for even more boundless adventure there's the new Granturismo model, the bike ready to take on the world.
Hooked to the sky: The 'S' versions of the Multistrada 1200 are now equipped with electronic 48mm Sachs front forks and rear single shock, both featuring the new Ducati Skyhook Suspension (DSS) system. The new technology features a semi-active suspension management that constantly re-adjusts damping to maintain optimum vehicle composure as if the motorcycle was suspended from the sky. The innovative new system removes the compromise of conventional, passive suspension by continuously re-evaluating the dynamic relationship between the wheel following the road surface and the comfort provided by a constantly steady vehicle body.
State of the art ABS: Now an integral part of the Ducati Safety Pack (DSP), the 2013 Multistrada 1200 is equipped with the very latest Bosch ABS 9ME controlled Brembo braking system, an unbeatable combination of state-of-the-art security and track-proven power. Shorter stopping distances with enhanced stability are vital prerequisites, whether for Sport or Touring, but add full Riding Mode interaction to the set-up, and the latest system enables zero-compromise performance for Urban and Enduro also.
Heart of a Superbike: For 2013, the arrival of the second generation Testastretta 11° DS engine introduces a number of important and highly effective enhancements, increasing torque to 12.7kgm (91.8lb-ft) and overall mid-range power delivery with even smoother operation. The improvements perfectly complement the new Multistrada 1200 by using a combination of new technologies proven on the 1199 Panigale's Superquadro engine, and established technologies reintroduced to further enhance the overall package.
Sport riding mode: The Sport Riding Mode provides the rider with an adrenalin-fuelled 150 hp ride with a sport-oriented throttle response and, on the 'S' versions, an instant high performance suspension set-up with DSS reconfigured to provide appropriate active management in this mode. In character with its Superbike heritage, the sport mode also changes the DTC system intervention to level four for expert riders and ABS to level two for a performance-oriented interaction with combined front/rear function slightly reduced and "lift-up" detection deactivated for those whose 'comfort zone' is a little closer to the limit.
Touring riding mode: The Touring Riding Mode is also programmed to produce 150 hp, however, the power characteristics are designed in a touring configuration with a smoother, more user-friendly delivery. Active safety is enhanced by increasing DTC system intervention to level five, specifically intended for an enjoyable and relaxing ride and ABS to a touring-oriented level three interaction for maximum confidence with "lift-up" detection active and combined braking optimized.
Urban riding mode: As an urban environment often requires an even more user-friendly motorcycle, the Urban Riding Mode instantly transforms the Multistrada 1200 into the most manageable, everyday transport. Power output is reduced to 100hp, and the suspension, on the 'S' versions, to a setting perfect for tackling the maze of city streets full of speed bumps and drain covers. Once again, DSS is also reconfigured to provide appropriate active management in this demanding environment. DTC is further enhanced to level six to provide high system intervention during the most chaotic of stop-start traffic and ABS to a city-oriented level three interaction for maximum confidence with "lift-up" detection active and combined braking optimized.
Enduro riding mode: If adventure invites the Multistrada 1200 off the beaten track, it has the capability to take off-road routes in its stride. Agile and lightweight and with high, wide handlebars, serrated footrests and specially designed tires, the Multistrada also features an Enduro Riding Mode which instantly produces a smooth 100hp engine, immediately dials-in an appropriate suspension setting on the 'S' versions and reconfigures DSS to provide appropriate active management. The DTC system is reduced to level two for minimal intervention and ABS to an off-road-oriented level one interaction for a low-grip terrain appropriate setting with "lift-up" detection deactivated and rear wheel ABS partially interrupted for controlled rear end drifting.
- Type: L-Twin cylinder, 4 valve per cylinder, Desmodromic, Dual Spark, liquid cooled
- Displacement: 1198.4 cc
- Bore x Stroke: 106 x 67.9 mm
- Compression ratio: 11.5:1
- Power: 150 hp - 110.3 kW @ 9250 rpm
- Torque: 87.5 lb-ft 118.7 Nm @7500 rpm
- Fuel injection: Mitsubishi electronic fuel injection system, Mikuni elliptical throttle bodies
- Exhaust: Stainless steel muffler with catalytic converter and 2 lambda probes, alluminium tail pipes
- Gearbox: 6 speed
- Primary drive: Straight cut gears, Ratio 1.84:1
- Ratio: 1=37/15 2=30/17 3=27/20 4=24/22 5=23/24 6=22/25
- Final drive: Chain 5.30 in.; Front sprocket 15; Rear sprocket 40
- Clutch: Light action, wet, multiplate clutch with hydraulic control. Self-servo action on drive, slipper action on over-run
- Frame: Tubular steel Trellis frame
- Front suspension: Sachs 48 mm fully adjustable usd forks. Electronic compression & rebound damping adjustment with Ducati Skyhook Suspension
- Front wheel: 10-spoke in light alloy 3.50 x 17
- Front tire: Pirelli Scorpion Trail 120/70 17 in.
- Rear suspension: Electronic compression & rebound damping adjustment. Electronic spring pre-load adjustment with DSS Aluminium single-sided swingarm.
- Rear wheel: 10-spoke light alloy 6.00 x 17
- Rear tire: Pirelli Scorpion Trail 190/55 17 in.
- Front wheel travel: 170 mm (6.7 in.)
- Rear wheel travel: 170 mm (6.7 in.)
- Front brake: 2 x 320 mm semi-floating discs, radially mounted Brembo callipers, 4-piston, 2-pad. ABS as standard equipment
- Rear brake: 245 mm disc, 2-piston caliper
- Instrumentation: Multifunction digital dashboard of two displays with white backlight. Main LCD display: odometer (total, trip 1 and trip2), speedometer, rev counter, clock, gear indicator, coolant temperature; fuel level. Circular LCD dot-matrix display: trip computer (riding style set-up, active riding parameters, remaining fuel/distance, current fuel consumption, average fuel consumption, average speed, air temperature, trip time), maintenance intervals indicator (Km), signaling alarms and errors detection (diagnosis), setup menu and customization functions. Interface for the management of Riding Modes (control power curve and throttle response, traction control, ABS, DSS). "Parking" and "Steering lock" indicators. Activation and adjustment heated-grips control function (Touring and Granturismo versions only). Lights: oil pressure, neutral N, fuel warning, turn signal, EOBD (diagnosis), high beam, DTC intervention (Traction Control) and deterrent immobilizer (in Key-Off). Headlight control: auto switching-off during engine start, auto turning-off after 60 seconds from Key-On without starting the engine. The key management of the various function menus are integrated in the left and right switch controls.
- Dry weight: 194 kg (428 lb.)
- Wet weight: 222 kg (489 lb.)
- Seat height: 850 mm (33.5 in.)
- Wheelbase: 1530 mm (60.2 in.)
- Rake: 25°
- Trail: 110 mm (4.33 in.)
- Fuel tank capacity: 20 L - 5.3 gal. (US)
- Versions: Dual seat
- Standard Equipment: DSS Ducati Skyhook Suspension, DSP Ducati Safety Pack ( ABS 9ME + DTC), Riding modes, Power modes, RbW, forged wheels by Marchesini, Termignoni carbon fibre silencer (EU) Carbon fibre: screen, front mudguard, rear hugger, cambelt covers.
- Warranty: 2 years unlimited mileage
- Maintenance service intervals: 12,000 km (7,500 miles)
- Valve clearance check: 24,000 km (15,000 miles)
- Standard: Euro 3 (Europe) - USA: follows the US Federal Regulation
- Engine Type
- L-Twin cylinder, 4 valve per cylinder, Desmodromic, Dual Spark
- 1198.4 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 106 x 67.9 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Mitsubishi electronic fuel injection system, Mikuni elliptical throttle bodies
- Front Suspension
- Sachs 48 mm fully adjustable usd forks. Electronic compression & rebound damping adjustment with Ducati Skyhook Suspension
- Rear Suspension
- Electronic compression & rebound damping adjustment. Electronic spring pre-load adjustment with DSS Aluminium single-sided swingarm.
- Front Brakes
- 2 x 320 mm semi-floating discs, radially mounted Brembo callipers, 4-piston, 2-pad. ABS as standard equipment
- Rear Brakes
- 245 mm disc, 2-piston caliper
- Front Tire
- Pirelli Scorpion Trail 120/70 17 in.
- Rear Tire
- Pirelli Scorpion Trail 190/55 17 in.
- 60.2 in. (1530 mm)
- Seat Height
- 33.5 in. (850 mm)
- 25 deg.
- 4.33 in. (110 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 5.3 gal. (20 L)
- Dry Weight
- 428 lb. (194 kg)
- 6 speed
- Final Drive
- Chain 5.30 in.; Front sprocket 15; Rear sprocket 40
- Standard: Digital
- Standard: Digital
- Standard: Digital
- Corse Stripe Livery
- 2 years unlimited mileage