Inventory Unit Detail
2014 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS Adventure
In 2002, Suzuki introduced the V-Strom 1000 in a new motorcycle category, the Sport Enduro Tourer. Its running performance and packaging earned worldwide acclaim. In 2003, Suzuki released the V-Strom 650 targeting a wider range of users. This versatile model covers not only daily use such as commuting, but also weekend touring as well. With the addition of an ABS-equipped model in 2006, the V-Strom 650 has always been the best-selling model in its class. To further improve its running performance and riding comfort, Suzuki decided to develop a new model.
For 2014, The V-Strom 650 ABS Adventure is another choice in adventure touring. It has striking accessories that include sleek aluminum side cases large enough to fit a full-coverage helmet, a rugged accessory engine bar and an adjustable windscreen. It also has the same improved performance as the original V-Strom 650 ABS. Its 645cc V-Twin engine has improved low-to-mid rpm performance, matched by enhanced fuel economy and environmental performance.
- The V-Strom 650 Antilock Brake System (ABS) unit features a lightweight, compact design. The ABS monitors wheel speed, and matches stopping power to available traction.
- Comes standard with large, stylish side cases that are large enough to hold a full-coverage helmet.
- Compact, slim styling featuring a vivid combination of expressive painted sections and functional black resin components accentuates the sporty profile. Colors available: Metallic Thunder Gray
- Height-adjustable windshield for increased wind protection and comfort can be adjusted to three positions in a 50mm vertical range.
- 645cc V-Twin engine features broad torque delivery, signature V-Twin power pulses and sporty quick-revving high rpm range power surges for full-range riding enjoyment. An efficient engine design delivers high mileage and class-leading riding range.
- A high-speed 32-bit ECU controls Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve (SDTV) system, contributing to enhanced low-to-mid rpm range torque, a linear throttle response and lower emissions.
- The V-Strom 650 ABS has a high-mounted stainless steel exhaust system with aluminum muffler that is tuned to enhance engine torque and low-to-midrange performance.
- The V-Strom 650 ABS fuel injection system uses fine-atomization 10-hole fuel injectors for high combustion efficiency.
- Twin iridium spark plugs for each cyclinder heighten the spark strength and combustion efficiency, contributing to increased power, a more linear throttle response, easier engine start-up and a more stable idle.
- A radiator with a more compact core, flanked by wind-directing plates shaped with holes* for enhancing cooling efficiency, directing engine heat to flow out to the side air outlets and away from the rider’s legs. (*Patent granted.)
- Suzuki-developed and patented Throttle-body Integrated Idle Speed Control (TI-ISC) contributes to easy cold starting, stable idle and lower emissions.
- The 6-speed transmission is tailored for active sporty rides with tighter 1st through 5th gear ratios, while keeping highway cruises comfortable with a tall top gear.
- Lightweight and rigid twin-spar aluminum-alloy frame and swingarm contribute to smooth handling performance and excellent stability at high-speeds.
- The V-Strom 650 ABS features 5-way spring-preload-adjustable 43mm-telescopic front forks with 5.9 inches of travel working with a link-type rear suspension with 6.3 inches of travel, stepless rebound damping adjuster and 5-way spring preload adjuster which can be increased or decreased by turning a knob providing a ride that suits the rider preference for comfort.
- Front dual 310mm-disc brakes and rear 260mm-disc brake deliver smooth, controllable stopping power. Expansion-resistant high-pressure brake hose enhances the responsive brake feel.
- The sporty, dynamic front fairing houses compact dual multi-reflector headlight delivering superb light distribution.
- A 3-way height-adjustable windscreen, carefully shaped with extensive wind tunnel testing, efficiently reduces wind noise and rider fatigue.
- The V-Strom 650 ABS features a comfortable riding position, thanks to its well-shaped seat. A slim 5.3 gallon fuel tank and compactly tucked-in frame covers make the rider feel at one with the machine.
- The V-Strom 650 ABS seat combines red-stitched leather-look sections and suede-look, slip-resistant surfaces, and is topped off with an embossed V-Strom logo.
- A lightweight, one-piece, resin luggage carrier with well-shaped, easy-to-grasp grab bars comes with a slip-resistant rubber mat.
- Instrumentation includes an analog tachometer and brightness-adjustable LCD speedometer. LCD readouts include odometer, dual trip meter, gear position, coolant and ambient temperature, average fuel consumption, fuel gauge and clock. Switching between LCD readings can be done with the left handlebar switch.
- LED indicators include a road freeze warning indicator, which, together with the ambient temperature display, helps riders’ awareness of road conditions.
- Engine: 645 cc, 4-stroke, 2-cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 90-deg. V-Twin
- Bore x Stroke: 81.0 mm x 62.6 mm (3.189 in. x 2.465 in.)
- Compression Ratio: 11.2 : 1
- Fuel System: Suzuki Fuel Injection
- Starter: Electric
- Lubrication: Wet sump
- Transmission: 6-speed, constant mesh
- Final Drive: Chain, DID525V8, 118 links
- Suspension Front: Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
- Suspension Rear: Link type, coil spring, oil damped
- Brakes Front: Disc, twin
- Brakes Rear: Disc
- Tires Front: 110/80R19M/C 59H, tubeless
- Tires Rear: 150/70R17M/C 69H, tubeless
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 5.3 US
- Color: Metallic Thunder Gray
- Ignition: Electronic ignition (Transistorized)
- Wheelbase: 1560 mm (61.4 in.)
- Ground Clearance: 175 mm (6.9 in.)
- Seat Height: 835 mm (32.9 in.)
- Warranty: 12 month unlimited mileage limited warranty.
- Engine Type
- 4-stroke, 2-cylinder, DOHC, 90-deg. V-Twin
- 645 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 3.189 x 2.465 in. (81.0 x 62.6 mm)
- Compression Ratio
- 11.2 : 1
- Fuel System
- Suzuki Fuel Injection
- Electronic ignition (Transistorized)
- Front Suspension
- Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
- Rear Suspension
- Link type, coil spring, oil damped
- Front Brakes
- Disc, twin
- Rear Brakes
- Front Tire
- 110/80R19M/C 59H, tubeless
- Rear Tire
- 150/70R17M/C 69H, tubeless
- 61.4 in. (1560 mm)
- Seat Height
- 32.9 in. (835 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 5.3 US gal.
- 6-speed, constant mesh
- Final Drive
- Chain, DID525V8, 118 links
- Standard: Digital
- Standard: Analog
- Standard: Digital
- Metallic Thunder Gray
- 12 month unlimited mileage limited warranty